Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Blog

I began a blog to discuss "all things doll" on livejournal almost two months ago, but I've now decided to move the discussion here.  If anyone ever reads this and wants to see what's happened before this, here is the link to my livejournal blog:

http://flora-mcflimsey.livejournal.com/

And now, to jump right in--I'm exhausted.  It's 6 o'clock in the morning, and I haven't been to sleep yet, but somehow I decided I needed to set up a new blog right away.  And also to say that I got a baby doll that is two firsts in one for me: a) she's my first Berenguer, and b) she's my first Asian baby.  She's absolutely adorable.  She's dressed in a little white sleeper and cap with pink trim, and she came with a pink blanket with "Newborn Baby" embroidered on it. 

Have I mentioned yet that I treat all my dolls and animals as if they were alive--and actually almost half-believe that they are?  Well, I do, and so when I carefully unwrapped my new little baby and held her in my hands, I made sure to support her head and folded the pink blanket around her as gently as I could.  (My dog also had to come and sniff her, because she smelled like baby powder.)  Then, after holding her in my hands and staring at her for a million years, I finally placed her gently in the corner of the loveseat no one was currently using.

I don't want to put her in my back room.  Ever.  Because once she's back there, I won't be able to stare at her every time I turn my head toward the loveseat.  But I know I have to take her back eventually, and once I do, I think I'm going to put her in the arms of one of my bigger teddy bears.  I can trust him to take good care of her.

I wish I could post pictures of her, but, unfortunately, my boyfriend took the batteries out of the camera and put them in his Wii remote.  Sigh.  Maybe I will be able to get some pictures up in the next couple of days.

For now, though, good-night.  Or, well--good morning. :)  (I need to stop staying up like this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment