Sunday, June 27, 2010

Money--Sigh

So do you know what I hate?  Hobbies that take lots and lots of money.  Sigh.

Oh, I know, lots of hobbies take money, especially the ones that involve collecting, but it just kind of drives me crazy.  After all, I don't just want to own dolls--I also want to customize them and create new looks and scenes, which the artistic expression in me is simply dying for.  I can't do anything, though, unless I have money: I have to buy the dolls, I have to buy clothes, I have to buy shoes and accessories, sometimes I have to buy wigs . . . And, yes, I know, I could learn how to make my own clothes, I suppose (I did always enjoy sewing back in school), but I'm always so low on energy . . . and also, I doubt I'm all that much of a high fashion designer.  I know what I want much of the time, but could I sew it?  I don't know.

Oh, well.  I guess I should stop complaining, right?  There are people who can't afford food, and here I am griping about the cost of a Barbie dress.  I'm annoying myself.

The good new is, then, that I found an incredibly cheap ($2.50) knockoff Snow White doll at Big Lots.  You know, it's one of those ones that's dressed (cheaply) to look like the Disney version, but it clearly isn't.  Usually these kinds of dolls are terrible, but this one was adorable!  (Or so I thought.)  I got her, of course, and there will be pics of her soon. :)

I did do one other thing I shouldn't have tonight, though--I bought a top and skirt for my Lea Barbie.  I just couldn't stand seeing her posing nude, hand on hip, on my coffee table anymore.  She looked so cold!  And that blue-green skirt--the only skirt I found that looked remotely like the type of thing I wanted--was on sale on eBay, and I was afraid someone else might get it at long last!  And the top--well, it was one of only two pink tops that were appropriate.  I didn't order any shoes yet.  I might just use some I have.  They aren't exactly what I envisioned, but, remember--money.

So maybe someday I'll get that Barbie Fashionista and turn her into a Victorian mother . . . maybe someday I'll get that Rapunzel's Wedding Kelly and make her a Victorian daughter . . . And maybe someday I'll get my Mystikats Go L.I.V.E Talin, my Sylvanian rabbit twins and bassinet and living room furniture, and my second wave Daniela with new wig and dress.

Maybe.  Someday.  For now, I suppose I wait.  (And maybe can force myself to make some things in clay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment